Sunday, May 31, 2009

1000+ Places and New Features

This past week the 1000th Place was entered into the Googility database! So far Google doesn't give me any information on the number web pages that totals in the Googility Custom Search Engine, but it has to be around 10,000 dog agility related pages. A big step forward from the few hundred I started out with.

I've also added two new features to the website over the past month

Descriptions for Each Place
For each Place in the Googility database you can now provide up to a 500 word description. This is displayed at the top of the page for each entry. So you can add additional information that lets visitors know more about your Place.

Browse/Search By Label
Each Place can have up to a dozen labels associated with it to help visitors fine tune their search. I've created a new page that lets you browse all the Places with each Label by clicking on the tab with a Label name. The page allows you to sort by the Place Name, City and State. You can also search within a Label selection by clicking on the search icon shown in the diagram below:


I found this new page interesting because it let me easily see how many of each Label is in the database.

Thanks to those of you who added Places to Googility and I hope you enjoy the new features.

No comments: